Saturday, July 3, 2010

Carrot and Stick; Hopefully not all Carrot Sticks

I have been planning/fantasising about my first trip to Belize. Since I'm starting up my own business, it will have to be on a budget. And it's got to be a reward for something. So I had a lightbulb moment (it wasn't original enough to call it an epiphany, even though my first instinct was to do just that) - I'm losing weight. I guesstimate that my first goal should be arrived at by early March.

So, the best thing is to put a mandatory amount away for each and every pound lost. I've figured it out, and I retroactively owe this pot $225. So, I will have to scrape that bit of money together as well as paying off my next amount, when I weigh in on Wednesday.

When I reach my goal in March, I should owe the pot about $1290, which should pay for my travel but not my accommodation. If I am earning a good living by March, I can afford it then. But if not, I'll have to wait until I get to my next goal.

My additional plan is to earn as many Air Miles as possible. So far, I've earned 1,111. In low season, I need 4820 to fly to Cancun. So a long way to go, but I'm trying to maximize them. I've downloaded a toolbar that can earn yourself an extra 30 points per month.

I am planning on retiring in Hopkins. So I will be staying there for most of the time. But I am also planning on going scuba diving at Glover's Atoll, just because it looks like heaven on earth.

I am a skilled swimmer, but I have never gotten my scuba qualification. That is one of my tasks to achieve this winter.

Now I just have to come up with $225..... :)

Baby steps, that's the way to make big life changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment