Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Ephiphany

I was on holiday, visiting my parent's winter home in Palm Springs. I was down there visiting for about 10 days. Three days in, I was utterly depressed at the thought of going home.
I didn't realise that I hated my current life as much as I did.
Here's the back story; I am 40 years old, divorced, overweight and I work 3 jobs and never seem to get ahead. I am also a dreamer. I tend to dream and not achieve.
While I was in Palm Springs, I realised I longed to live in a warm place. But I don't have the financial resources to move to the States.
I started to consider where I could afford to live where it is warm. I trawled the web and discovered that Belize only requires that you earn $2000 USD per month to maintain residency.
So I decided to formulate a 3-5 year plan. I have to be frugal, save as much money as possible (at least 20,000).
I have to get published finally so I can earn a monthly income (I'm thinking erotic fiction). And I have to lose weight (I'm a big girl).
So no problem, right?
So if anyone else reads this, you can come with me for this crazy ride.
Belize by 2013? Maybe 13 is my lucky number! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment