Tuesday, April 13, 2010

False Sense or Not, I'm Feeling More Secure...

Well, I haven't seen SSgt Blue Eyes yet. My initial plan was to avoid him at all costs. I haven't seen him, but I haven't been in a position to avoid him if if he is here.
Let me clarify. One of my jobs is working in the bars on the Crowfoot side of BATUS (British Army Training Unit Suffield). The Crowfoot side is where the battlegroup are housed. On this side of camp there are three bars. The JRC (Junior Ranks Club), the WO2 and Sgt's Mess, and the Officer's Mess.
So your rank determines which bar you go to. Usually.
At the beginning of battlegroups, when the full battlegroup is not yet in, sometimes they make the JRC an 'All Ranks' mess. And everyone drinks together.
I was planning on working in the Officer's Mess, but since there isn't one open yet, I have worked in the JRC.
But I haven't seen him yet, and am happy. Relieved. Ecstatic. Perhaps he's one of the few not deployed. Maybe he's avoiding me. Ah well, who knows? All I know is I haven't seen him and I'm not jumping every time a new person walks in the bar.
So false sense of security or not, I'm feeling more secure. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment